Follow by Email

Saturday, 22 July 2017

Wheres Wally?

I received an e-mail from my old mate Chris Altree today which made me feel a bit guilty. He was concerned that I hadnt updated the blog for a week and thought I might be unwell again? If I am absolutely honest, I don't know where the time has gone and can't believe that it has been a week since I last updated.

Th be fair, not a lot has happened to warrant a posting but I do know that some of you look in anyway so I do feel remiss about that and apologise profusely. Mrs Chaz has been on leave from work this week so we have been out and about quite a lot and the marsh has lacked personal attention as a consequence.

Ray Fellows has been doing my job for me and to be honest, even he has only had negative news to report. The sad news is that one of the Greylag chicks has apparently gone missing. I was going to call this posting 'Goose Down' but I suspected that it would have gone over the heads of some younger followers and would have been in dubious taste anyway (although that has seldom stopped me before I hear you say). The only other news from the Marsh was that the Common Tern seem to have cleared out earlier in the week. Ray also paid a visit to Park Lime Pits and had three of four Ring Necked Parakeets there. The roomers of a well established colony seem to be carrying some weight. Ray also saw a very young Green Woodpecker on Pelsall North Common this week proving local breeding again. Not huge news but always interesting to know.


I suppose the biggest news of the week came from Anita Scot who was fortunate to find a Hummingbird Hawk Moth locally. Not a major find on the south coast but the years that they get to the midlands are few and far between these days.

Anyway, I am about full now with no further room for any more humble pie so that will have to be it. I will endeavour to pay a visit or two in the next few days to salve my conscience (I just hope that there will be something worth seeing).

 Have a good Sunday all - Chaz